Finance Manager - Amazon Fresh
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a Finance Manager to support our Amazon Fresh grocery division within the US Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) organization. This organization has responsibility for end to end operational processes which support customer fulfillment and experience for grocery ecommerce. Specifically, this role supports Amazon Fresh under the roof (UTR) operations in North America. Along with strong financial controllership, this role requires an individual who can manage through ambiguity and be flexible in a startup environment.
You will partner with an innovative operations team seeking to improve productivity and drive cost out of our fulfillment centers, helping to deliver a world class online grocery experience. This is a critical role for leading Regional finance support as well as supporting the overall North American business unit. This position will also help establish benchmark processes and insights to drive profitability metrics and also provide executive updates as needed. Other accountabilities are variance analysis for monthly and quarterly reviews, assist in financial planning as well as executing ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
This role requires strong business acumen, the skill-set to lead cross functional projects, ability to build strong relationships with operating partners, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent Excel and data mining skills and the proficiency of directing junior team members as needed. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with bias for action who is comfortable with ambiguity, communicating with multiple business partners, deep diving analytics, and who loves to drive operational results that translate into the lowest cost structure possible.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) Experience creating advanced financial modeling including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to travel; 5%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
• Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top