Finance Manager, Amazon Flex
- Bellevue, WA
Who we are:
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon Flex is at the forefront of delivery operations, owning a significant piece of Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery strategy at current & into the future. The Flex model utilizes independent contractors to help fulfill "Ultrafast" customer deliveries including Amazon Grocery, Whole Foods, same day Amazon.com orders and beyond.
AMZL Finance seeks a Finance Manager to support the Amazon Flex Business. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon's portfolio of businesses.
This role partners closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders in Flex BOPS, Flex Tech, Amazon Logistics (AMZL), and Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF). The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, capacity planning teams, and tech teams. This role works with business operators, technical product managers, legal teams and software developers. This role designs and develops performance measurements and quantifies impact to the business based on strategic input drivers to grow and continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, deal with ambiguity and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
• Oversee financial impact of special projects for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the analysis to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
• Identify, resolve, or provide guidance to manage complex data sets and analyses. You will bring in insights to address financial risk and support frugality.
• Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
• Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
• You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
• Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 8+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 6 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) MBA preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top