Finance Manager - Advertising FP&A
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com seeks a Finance Manager supporting the Self-Service Performance Advertising, a high-growth cost-per-click Advertising business. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead strategic goal management program across the organization and work with business leaders and other finance teams on headcount management.
You will be responsible for strategic goals management and headcount management for Self-Service Performance Advertising business team. You will lead the goal management program across the organization which includes strategic goals reviewed by senior Amazon leadership and VP level goals specific to Advertising business. You will drive new goal setting process, facilitate goal reviews by senior leadership, drive re-prioritization of goals based on business impact, and manage the overall goals review process as a program and drive improvements through process changes and tool improvements to increase business value out of the program. You will also manage headcount planning within Advertising team, contribute to monthly and annual forecasting and budgeting process, help leadership to make strategic tradeoffs in regards to headcount decisions. You will also do deep dive analyses in conjunction with Product, Sales, and Engineering to understand the tradeoffs of different business scenarios and provide guidance on future decisions.
This role requires an individual with excellent business, communication enabling collaboration with various functions, including economists, finance leaders, product managers, software engineers, data scientists as well as senior leadership. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment.
1. Own strategic and tactical goal setting process within Advertising business as a program and drive improvements through partnering with business teams, finance leaders and internal tool development teams.
2. Facilitate goals status reporting in weekly/monthly reviews with senior leadership and help to communicate the status clearly and succinctly to the broader teams
3. Drive goal prioritization process to maximize the business impact of resources through partnering with business owners, product managers and rest of the finance team.
4. Manage headcount resource allocation for the performance advertising team by coordinating with central FP&A teams and establishing mechanisms for monitoring progress against hiring plans and linking resourcing plans to the revenue forecast
5. Uphold and enforce an environment of ethical practices and strong financial controllership
About Self-Service Performance Advertising
Amazon is one of the world's most highly trafficked sites and the delivery of relevant advertising to shopping customers is a key company strategy and rapidly growing source of revenue. We are breaking fresh ground, pioneering a crucial platform for future Amazon growth, and our businesses are among the fastest growing at Amazon. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Our advertising systems provide self-service, low-latency ad serving for a performance-based advertising program with large ad inventories, a unique problem space within Amazon advertising. The system supports both automated and advertiser-specified targeting and is optimized for managing product data as a source of ad content.
Learn more about Self-Service Performance Advertising products at https://advertising.amazon.com/sponsored-products
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in business, finance, engineering or a related field
• 5+ years of relevant financial analysis experience
• Prior experience with SQL for data retrieval requests and analyses
• Exceptional analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
• Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
• Passion for continuous process improvement
• Analytical, financial modeling and reporting skills
• Advanced Excel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top