To support the substantial growth and increasing complexities, we are recruiting a Finance Manager, Accounting to the organization.
The role has responsibility for technical accounting and controllership in support of our consumer retail operations. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, the person will drive cross-border projects and develop best practice in processes and controllership on an international level. He/she will also drive implementation of policies with the financial leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations and will lead and motivate project teams.
As a seasoned Accounting professional, this person will be an expert in Financial Reporting under US various accounting frameworks including US GAAP and IFRS. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Representing the Accounting team.
• Evaluation of technical accounting considerations relating to new business activities.
• Leading and driving various meetings with senior management on key financial statement areas.
• Ownership of aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closes while implementing and maintaining adequate mechanisms and forums for reviews, decision making and escalations with finance partners and management.
• Driving standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US, local GAAP, and management reporting)including partnering with appropriate stakeholders, for a successful end-to-end approach to reporting.
• Delivering functional projects on a cross-country level, such as implementing best accounting/ controllership practice to enhance and deepen the control environment.
• Ensuring that the Accounting activities are aligned across the EU and Worldwide Accounting Organization.
• Overseeing all aspects of local financial reporting and related compliance
• Influencing and articulating accounting/ finance terminology to the non-finance community.
• Demonstrable experience in relevant accounting roles
• Must hold CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent certification and knowledge of various GAAP accounting rules including IAS and IFRS.
• Working understanding of an internal control framework (specifically COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role.
• Must have worked in an organisation of similar size and scope.
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges in order to identify issues and opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
• Track record of having earned the trust of a leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
• Fluent English required (verbal/written)
• Experience from a 'Big 4' accounting firm is a strong preferred.
• Experience working for a US or International, large fast-paced company.
• Computer literate in general (MS office, Essbase, Cognos and similar). Knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.