- Vancouver, Canada
Do you want to be at the center of Amazon's largest and most-disruptive business? Amazon's Worldwide Consumer Insights, Planning and Analysis (IPA) team would be the place for you! As part of the Insights, Planning and Analysis team, you will play a key role in how we plan, analyze and drive a global business with relevance all over the planet.
The role requires a self-starter mentality and will stretch your leadership skills while also requiring you to deepen your understanding of WW Consumer financial dynamics. This role interfaces with Director and VP level finance leadership and will have significant latitude as we elevate current decision support tools, lending itself well to an individual with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills including data modeling, and the ability to effectively communicate with senior management and technical resources. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual looking to enrich their portfolio of accomplishments in preparation for further growth, at it allows to move the needle and make a dent in how Amazon helps leadership understand business results and act upon them.
The role's responsibilities include:
• Oversee financial bridging, analytics, and related automation efforts.
• Collaborate with bridging stakeholders to drive continuous improvement on current toolset
• Help WW Consumer Finance partners dive deep on financial data
• Oversee compilation of WW Consumer commentary to be leveraged by senior leadership
• Develop and refine financial models, creating solutions that can scale for the organization
• Establish structured / streamlined communication and change management mechanisms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 8+ years' of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on new assignments
• Ample experience with problem solving and root cause analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Cognos, BI), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Back to top