- Arlington, VA
On the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To build this rapidly growing business, you must be highly analytical, set high standards for accuracy and pace. This team works hard, has a great deal of fun; we are making history and having fun doing so.
The position supports the Global Expansion Management team in the development and execution of our regional expansion strategies covering New Regions and special projects. In this role, you will help lay the foundations to grow the AWS data center infrastructure footprint, ensuring that the business has a viable and cost effective expansion path in any given region that we operate in. Areas of responsibility include: 1) owning the financial elements of long-term Infrastructure Data Center supply strategies in new regions, 2) evaluating, influencing and approving colocation contractual and supporting data center construction approvals to build, 3) developing and deploying KPI's that allow us to identify course-correction opportunities in real time, and 4) driving process improvement and automation.
• Partner with the AWS Infrastructure Business Development team to provide strategic guidance on investments alternatives and deal negotiations for regional expansions
• Perform discounted cash flow and P&L financial modeling, often under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions. Ensure internal stakeholders (e.g. Real estate, New Region Portfolio Management, Product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Tax, etc.) are aligned with recommendations
• Help prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new deals
• Provide controllership and oversight of business case data integrity and approvals
• Understand infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals. Help set a business development plan for target markets and ensure alignment with approved expansion strategies
• Develop business and technology acumen in order to understand and account for technology transitions and business evolution in financial models
• Identify and lead projects to drive automation and process improvement.
• Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business or related field and 7+ years of experience in a finance role and people management experience OR Masters degree in finance, accounting, business or related field and 5+ years of experience in a finance role and people management experience
Ability to work independently, manage others and be self-motivated in a fast-paced and rapidly changing technology environment:
• Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
• Experience designing and implementing highly scalable business processes that touch multiple stakeholders
• Solid business judgment and controllership focus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• MBA or similar degree is preferred
• Ability to work independently, partner cross-functionally, and be self-motivated in a fast-paced and rapidly changing technology environment
• Ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners
Back to top