Over 2 million sellers in 12 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on Amazon Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique SKUs, providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel, Consumables and beyond.
Our Marketplace team is made up of people like you. People who are: Entrepreneurial – We build solutions for Buyers and Sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are Sellers ourselves. Innovative – Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must. Passionate – We are passionate about our customers, both Sellers and Buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
We are seeking a Manager to be a key leader to the Finance Controllership Operations team. This team is responsible for ensuring high standards on controllership and accuracy of financial reporting, including new project engagement and ownership of key reconciliations.
Key responsibilities for this individual include:
- Partnering with the Seller Services businesses, Accounting, and Tech teams to achieve business objectives while raising the bar on ownership of controllership.
- Consulting on new business ideas to ensure end to end system, financial reporting, and operational excellence.
- Managing a team of 4-6 individuals that performs key reconciliations to ensure complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can lead a team in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
- A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's varied system architecture.
- Able to drill into large amounts of data and extract meaningful business metrics.
- An effective communicator who is able to adapt their communication style to different audiences.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including financial deep dives and leading a team
- Experience performing quick-study on system architecture
- Understanding of budget processes and accounting transactions
- Experience using business models, budget comparisons, and forecasting
- Team focused with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to draw concise, well supported recommendations based on detailed analysis of the given issue
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments
- Experience in SQL or ETL
- CPA or MBA
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization
- Able to analyze detailed data and move to concise summarized conclusions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top