- Seattle, WA
*This role can be located in Seattle (WA), Arlington (VA), or Vancouver (Canada).
Selling Partner Services (SPS) is responsible for several key elements of the Amazon flywheel. Globally, we ensure low prices for our Customers; we provide a rich toolchain for our Selling Partners to work with Amazon; we drive traffic and increase conversion through promotions and services; and we lower cost structure via various initiatives, mechanisms, and vendor funding. We underpin these solutions with highly scalable, automated, self-service extensible technology to help scale Amazon's Worldwide Consumer Business.
SPS Finance is seeking a Finance Manager to lead the Finance Controllership Operations team. This role is responsible for ensuring high standards on controllership and accuracy of financial reporting, including new project engagement and ownership of key reconciliations. This role will represent the finance organization to various cross functional stakeholders and work closely with global accounting operations, businesses, compliance, tax, financial systems teams, and others. The role will collaborate with these teams to develop mechanisms to ensure both Retail and Marketplace transactions globally are reported in a timely and complete manner during month end close with minimal manual intervention. The role will drive process design, internal control effectiveness, and identify ways to leverage technology and data to build effective and scalable mechanisms.
Key responsibilities include:
• Partner with the 3rd party Marketplace businesses, Accounting, and Tech teams to achieve business objectives while raising the bar on financial accuracy.
• Consult on new business ideas to ensure optimal end to end system flow and financial reporting; and operational excellence.
• Lead a committee with Accounting, Tax, and Compliance to review process exception requests while adhering to various tenets and policies.
• Drill into large amounts of data and extract meaningful business metrics.
• Communicate complicated financial and technical issues in concise business terms to different functions and levels.
• Manage a team of local and remote analysts that performs key reconciliations, reporting, and analysis to ensure complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting.
Candidates are process-oriented, highly analytical, and able to work effectively across multiple finance, business, and technical teams. They should be fluent in technology and financial processes in a fast paced, global, and results oriented environment. They look around corners and can influence without authority via data and concise communications across levels and functions. Ideals candidates can easily understand the business line, supporting information technologies, and finance/accounting disciplines of each project.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 5+ years of experience in process improvement and operational excellence
• Experience in SQL or ETL
• CPA or MBA
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience influencing large number of stakeholders and technology decisions
• Experience delivering solutions through technology and developing a deep level of understanding in a short period of time
• Ability to draw concise, well supported recommendations based on detailed analysis of the given issue
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top