- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Amazon is seeking a Finance Manager within The North America Consumer Insights and Analytics Finance team. This analytics team is regularly tasked to solve some of the most pressing problems within the Consumer business (Retail, FBA, and MFN). In this role you will partner with a team of highly talented individuals and collaborate to find new insights that will help drive topline growth and improve profitability. This person will be required to breakdown complex business problems and summarize the findings into simple business stories to present to senior leadership. This person will also partner with multiple stakeholders within the Consumer Org to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to these high-growth businesses. This person will also lead variance analysis and produce KPIs for monthly and quarterly business reviews.
• Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling.
• Effectively communicate strategies / plans to VP level management and must have experience influencing and working with a wide variety of stakeholders in a cross-matrix environment.
• Support the financial planning and analysis processes with metrics and data insights for financial risks, opportunities, and investment decisions.
• Actively participate in the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual business performance reviews.
• Develop, report, and analyze key input metrics that support business growth.
• Identify opportunities and work with data teams to automate standard reporting.
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to navigate ambiguity and work in uncharted territory. Must have curiosity to learn a complex business area.
8+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Advanced degree in Management, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics strongly preferred.
• 2+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• 2+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Leadership experience with demonstrated and proven ability to take on and create new solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while successfully driving complex and milestone driven projects.
• Previous experience in an E-Commerce or Retail company.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top