Finance Business Partner
- Leipzig, Germany
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm empowers us to deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to question the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We support others understand finance and are the trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to enable them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Expertise collecting, analyzing and coordinating quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to define business improvement and cost reductions
• Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the Fulfillment Center improve and create new measures for site productivity
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its current position and profitability
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Proven ability to handle complex priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the operations of the business
• Learn from inspiring and diverse team
• Growth in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one;
• Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds;
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
• Fluency in English and intermediate German
• MBA preferred
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, PowerBI, Tableau) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-makin
• Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top