Amazon is known as one of the most innovative companies in the world, and it constantly enters new businesses domains with new offerings. Have you ever wondered about how such a diverse and dynamic company uses Finance reporting and dashboards to drive decisions? In Finance, we not only know the numbers, we do so much more! Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas and solutions. We employ every face of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decisions. Come be part of a passionate, customer-obsessed team!
We are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our growing team. This person will own the production and delivery of a suite of reports regularly used by the organization to make key business decisions.
The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and be driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better, so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• Be responsible for taking data analysis and insights capability to the next level; working with data infrastructure to ensure the data is accessible, auditing existing visualization dashboards, and working with stakeholders to recommend and create new reporting/insights
• Converting data into digestible business intelligence and actionable information
• Shaping and delivering key metrics, reports, and indicators by which our business will assess its performance
• Diving deep into large data sets to answer specific business questions using Excel, SQL and other data manipulation languages
• Working directly with business teams to utilize metrics and analysis to determine improvement opportunities Tools used include: 1. SQL (Oracle and Redshift) 2. ETL tools (internal) 3. Excel 4. Tableau 5. Python.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related fields
• 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Expert knowledge of SQL with experience writing SQL queries
• Advanced knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g., Python)
• Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• Experience with reporting tools like Tableau, Qlik, Power BI
• Experience using very large datasets
• Experience managing multiple competing priorities and projects
• Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating