Finance Analyst II
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to support the indirect taxation compliances of the Company. The job responsibilities would include the below:
• Managing the month end activities which include closing of sub ledgers, general ledger account reconciliations, reporting and balance sheet account analysis and deliver the accurate financial statements as a part of the month end close process
• Review monthly General Ledgers to identify Reverse charge liability transactions and calculate RCM liability.
• Review monthly related party transactions report and identify GST liability transactions and reconcile the same with RPT reports.
• Review Balance sheet and Operational reconciliations of GST accounts and close the open items with respective Stakeholders.
• Ensure input tax registers are updated with all the mandatory fields in the registers and ensuring adherence with all compliances under the GST laws including computation of tax, payment of tax, filing of returns, filing of statements and certifications.
• Working closely with multiple teams like accounting, accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR) to ensure complete and accurate tax reportings and computations.
• Supporting the GST tax audits
• Building process and managing archiving and retrieval of tax data for all statutory purposes.
• Continuously identify opportunities to automate accounting processes
• Support the Management in conducting Dive deep into complex reconciling scenarios for reconciliations, conduct root cause analysis for gaps identified and devise remediation processes. The incumbent needs expert understanding of GST, understand the flow and impact of transactions.
• Drive process improvement projects within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements
• The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Train and Manage the team on latest accounting and policy and GST rules and updates impacting the processes being performed
• Leading and developing a team consisting of analysts, staff accountants and, team leads across GST processes
• Guide and coach the team to develop a continuous pipeline of leaders This includes but is not restricted to setting goals, quarterly performance review of the team, providing feedback and improvement plans to the team, identifying training needs for the team members and adequately nominate them for such trainings when available and other related activities
• Coach the team through solid reviews of the financial statements, balance sheet reviews and other financial reports Ensure that the quality of work delivered by the team is consistent and areas of improvement are identified, plan is put in place and tracked to ensure that such plan is executed and implemented
• Backup planning, cross training, succession planning to be in place for all team members to ensure that there is consistent pipeline of talent available for team members so that new roles and growth of the company can be sustained through existing people
• Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required and lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
• Chartered accountant with 6- 9+ years post qualification experience in indirect tax compliances post qualification experience with for a qualified Chartered Accountant
B.Com/ M.Com with 10-12+ years of experience in indirect tax compliance.
Experience in financial accounting systems and accounting process with hands on experience of reconciliation of financial books with tax returns.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills.
• Zeal towards Operational Excellence/Process improvement & simplifications
Excellent knowledge of financial controls and procedures, US GAAP knowledge would be plus
• PC literate with advance level excel
• Experience in handling GST compliance's for multiple group companies and multiple state registration will be preferred
• Knowledge and experience with accounting for taxes under IN GAAP required
• Prior experience and knowledge in Oracle financial database will be preferred
• Experience in working with cross-functional team
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast paced environment
Back to top