Finance Analyst II, Amazon Logistics
- Seattle, WA
Who we are:
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional "deliver by van" with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
AMZL Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support Canada FP&A. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon's portfolio of businesses.
As a Financial Analyst on the AMZL IPAT (Insights, Planning, Analytics, and Technology) team, you will be pivotal to the team's success as primary owner of financial and operational reporting, decision support, financial modeling, controllership, and operations cost reduction implementation. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to our last mile delivery organization as we grow our delivery business rapidly. This role will provide extensive cross-functional partnership opportunities with business and finance stakeholders to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for operations. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative, socially responsible last mile logistics solutions through large-scale data driven decision making.
Success in this role:
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You will collaborate with finance and functional leaders and peers across multiple business units within Amazon. You bring best in class business partnership while providing strong controllership. You are comfortable leading variance analysis deep dives, presenting to business owners during reviews, and can pivot between structured financial processes and ad-hoc projects and analyses. You exhibit sound judgment in prioritizing your work and projects that maximizes results for key stakeholders and solves complex problems that affect company-wide strategic decisions and your team that maximizes results for key stakeholders.
• Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
• Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
• Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 3+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Highly analytical, detail oriented with advanced financial modeling and reporting skills
• Adaptable and inventive, with an eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both financial and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top