Finance ACES Black Belt
- Chengdu, China
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Hiring Unit: FinOps Shared Services
Amazon.com has extensive vendor payment operations activities for our vendors across the Globe. The WW Finance operation at China commenced in 2008 and has grown and now services are being delivered through Beijing and Chengdu centers. The 3000+ member team at Hyderabad, Pune, Manila, Costa Rica, Bratislava and China handle WW Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll transactions and play a key role in smooth functioning of overall Amazon businesses. This position will mainly support both AP and AR related processes for all major businesses of Amazon, which comprises of 100+ unique services. The amount of money that is managed by the function is over $200Billion per annum.
Position Description: ACES Master Black Belt / Black Belt
LOCATION Chengdu, China
Summary of Responsibilities
• Work with Business teams and use data exploration to identify and prioritize high impact improvement opportunities
• Leading Black Belt (BB) projects and mentoring GBs/YBs/Kaizens to address key cross functional issues ranging from financial operations, fulfillment operations, and vendor management for global Amazon businesses
• Deliver Financial Savings through projects
• Design and implement mechanisms to improve Operational Excellence Culture
• Conducting Green Belt and Lean training programs within Finance
• Facilitate the Leadership Steering Committee to tollgate GB/BB projects and Kaizens to ensure consistency in methods and quality project deliverables
• Manage the documentation and status of all GB/BB/Lean projects
• Driving consistency of process, training, and reporting across functional teams
• Provide periodic project updates, including major successes/challenges, to senior management
• Managing and constantly improving the idea management (ideation to implementation) process
• Conduct VSMs and FMEAs to identify improvement opportunities as and when needed
• Bachelor or Master's in Business Administration / Engineering or a similar quantitative field
• Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification and a proven track record of successfully leading GB/BB projects and training programs.
• Must have led minimum 5 High Impact GB/BB projects
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work with cross functional teams
• Strong Analytical skills , able to make sense out of messy data
• Strong change management and influence skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to make courageous recommendations and decisions to drive significant organizational change.
• Excellent presentation skills, dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
• Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners.
• Ability to travel globally to perform various functions of the role.
• Strong Communication skills.
Lean or Six Sigma projects completed in Finance domain
Knowledge of SQL
Knowledge of Minitab or JMP or Sigma XL or any other statistical tool
Back to top