Field Quality Summer Intern 2018
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
This individual works in the Process Engineering team to support the development of assembly processes for all product lines. This individual will work with cross functional teams to develop new layouts for the manufacturing floor. As a member of the team, assist other engineers to develop implement and maintain methods, operation sequence and design processes for new products and existing products. Determine time standards and make recommendations for tools and process requirements of existing product lines. They will apply statistical and mathematical models to optimize efficiency, staffing requirements, and production standards.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead factory layouts for scaling existing manufacturing floor & designing a new factory
- Design and support manufacturing tooling and fixturing for product build using solidworks
- Support new software introduction for all assembly work instructions to track metrics such as line efficiency, cycle times, throughput, tool efficiency, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the current manufacturing processes and identify targets for improvement in transactional and operational efficiencies.
- Support in implementation of LEAN modules such as standardization and waste elimination
- Assist in creating comprehensive process flow mapping, not limited to process speed and capability, labor content, ambient requirements, utility requirements, and inventory buffers.
- Part of the production training program to train all production personnel
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or relevant fields
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Solid Works
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of metrics, process capabilities, LEAN and IE techniques
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top