Field Quality Engineering Manager - Kindle
The Amazon Devices team designs and develops high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle/Echo families of products. We are looking for an experienced and innovative Field Quality Engineering Manager. This is a unique team responsible for testing Amazon devices in the real world, identifying wireless connectivity issues, verifying fixes, and providing support for back-end services. In addition, you will have opportunities to work on a variety of cutting-edge technologies and innovative products, develop automation tools and enhance processes. Our coverage is global, and you will collaborate with other international teams on many unique and challenging projects and programs.
You should have experience managing a testing team and be knowledgeable in software test methodology and wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, 3G/LTE, GSM, etc.
- Manage, train, hire and develop a field quality engineering team.
- Ensure regional testing efforts are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Supervise field test execution and provide status reports to senior leadership and other engineering teams.
- Interface with regional wireless carrier partners to manage incident resolution.
- Analyze issues and make recommendations to improve productivity.
- Manage communication between field test and engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of team/people management experience
- Experience managing a field engineering or software testing/QA team
- Experience in wireless testing or software quality assurance
- Experience hiring, building and managing high performance teams
- Knowledge of wireless WAN (GSM/UMTS/HSDPA), roaming partnerships, frequency bands, Wi-Fi and general TCP/IP network concepts
- Understanding of system architecture, UNIX/Linux operating systems, and software development life cycle
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
- Experience in test automation tool development
- Telecom, wireless, or mobile device industry experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills including: goal setting, performance feedback, career development, etc.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top