Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet.
The Amazon Robotics' Field Hardware Support Engineering team is responsible for providing ongoing hardware consultation support to our customers and partners. Field HSEs are responsible for deploying new products to the Amazon Robotics network, launching new buildings, monitoring AR HW performance and providing on-site support to address emerging hardware issues. This team delivers on this mandate by working directly with Amazon's Reliability and Maintenance Engineering teams and the Amazon Robotics Engineering teams to: execute on defined processes, promote best practices and standard work, track metrics and hardware performance KPIs to drive action on undesirable trends, perform hands on hardware troubleshooting, gather data for engineering analyses and conduct on-site hands-on training of field teams. All these activities are performed to ensure our partners and operations customers are successful.
We are seeking an experienced, talented, and motivated hardware leader to take the HSE team's customer engagement and technical problem-solving to the next level. In this role you will work to establish a dedicated field HSE team, drive the regional customer engagement activities, and provide guidance and mentorship to our engineers. This role requires a technical and problem solving background as well as a strong customer focus, while keeping in mind the big picture and team's ability to scale as the network keeps growing.
This role can be located in SoCal (LA) area or SF Bay area.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of 6-8 Field Hardware Support Engineers.
• Drive the regional support strategy and build strong cross-functional relationships with assigned region's Reliability and Maintenance Engineering Leadership.
• Lead performance analyses to identify issues, troubleshoot these, and develop containment and mitigation actions. Work with AR Engineering teams to develop and implement corrective action plans.
• Deliver training to field maintenance teams.
• Lead field audits and work with partners to develop plans for non-compliance closeout.
• Provide critical incident support by planning, managing and leading the recovery efforts
• 50% travel required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field. 8+ years related experience.
• 5+ years' experience in a customer facing, field service and support role.
• 3+ years' experience leading technical teams.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience leading disciplined technical problem-solving.
• Experience with managing projects and industry standard project management tools.
• Master's degree preferred
• Previous experience in a customer-facing hardware centric support or services role
• Experience creating training and technical documentation
• Demonstrated experience with 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone, and FMEA, among others.
• Experience with handling large data sets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .