Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector is looking for an exceptional Region Manager to provide support to the Region Management team in the Federal Delivery Organization. The Federal Delivery Organization is responsible for managing multiple concurrent region expansion work packages, task orders, services accreditations, maintaining the program's integrated master schedule, risk mitigation strategies, and quality assurance functions.
This position is based in the Herndon, VA/Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join a cadre of program management, technical business development, and information security professionals on a proactive, results-driven team focused on improving our ability to deliver new capabilities to our customers. As a Region Manager, you will spend the majority of your time working with technical business leaders such as hardware and software engineering leaders and technical program managers to ensure contractual delivery of new Region designs and builds. Specifically, you will work with infrastructure, networking, operations, and security teams across AWS on new construction and building expansions and network upgrades, and act as a liaison with the customer to report construction and operational milestones and seek contractual approvals. You will work with AWS security teams and the customer on physical accreditation projects. You will also work with AWS service teams on capacity planning to ensure adequate physical capacity to launch new services.
The role requires working familiarity with the customer environment, and experience in the military or the intelligence community is preferred. You will draw upon a project management background and analytic problem solving skills to effectively support the delivery of industry leading, secure services to our national security customers.
• Meet regularly with Amazon internal service teams to develop effective methods for ensuring timely delivery of contract commitments.
• Meet regularly with external Intelligence Community customers to solicit and aggregate community-level requirements.
• Develop and maintain high level work plans, risk management plans, and schedules.
• Develop and execute effective methods of communication among AWS and government stakeholders.
• Lead operational and contract performance discussions with customer stakeholders through formal program performance reviews and technical planning meetings.
• Participate in long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community-wide utilization forecasts.
• Identify and eliminate blockers, and identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
• Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan, and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
• Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first call to active project/program moving to AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems management, other related fields, or equivalent experience.
• 18+ years of program management experience in a related industry, including experience owning a program, leveraging formal project management methodologies, scoping requirements, planning milestones, and working with technical teams.
• 15+ years of demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• 15+ years of experience presenting project milestones to audiences of different roles.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level with Polygraph is required.
• Experience with military or Intelligence Community design/build construction projects
• Active project management certification
• Construction project management experience
• Solid foundation in service-oriented and web service technologies
• Knowledge of the primary AWS services and experience implementing systems using AWS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.