It's an exciting time to be on the Amazon FC Tours team as we are building new, interactive ways for guests to see the magic behind their orders. Please see the virtual tour by following the link: https://uk.amazonfctours.com/virtualtours. The FC Tours team brings customers inside Amazon fulfillment centers to see how customer orders are picked, packed, and shipped.
We're looking for an extremely customer-focused Operations Manager to manage the people and processes that bring FC Tours to life in Europe. If you obsess about your customers and your people, are creative, and analytical, this is the position for you.
Amazon offers public tours live-streaming virtually and in-person at 46 buildings across NA and Europe, in 2019 over 330,000 visitors spent time with us touring our buildings. With new virtual tours products, our goal continues to be showing our customers the people and technology behind their orders by offering the most interesting tour experience in the world.
This role manages over 20 tour leaders spread across Europe, while working closely with stakeholders across the business to drive a consistent, comprehensive, and an ever-improving tour experience. You will take a lead role developing site-specific communication programs for tour guests, optimizing tour capacity and staffing, monitoring KPIs to monitor the health of the business, and working closely with site GMs and Human Resources teams.
The successful candidate will be extremely customer-focused and passionate about helping us deliver a world-class tour experience to visitors from all over the world. You will be an independent entrepreneurial spirit, acting as a self-directed leader with experience leading high-performing teams. You can move quickly with an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and the ability to break down and solve complex problems at all levels. You have a history of thinking and acting big, exercising a bias for action coupled with thoughtful experimentation. You stay connected to the details of the business, while balancing creativity with analytics and agility with operational discipline. You must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates should be both idea generators and builders, have a strong sense of accountability, and a keen focus on delivering great customer experiences. You thrive in a culture of decision-making based on analytics. You bring a business savvy with excellent judgment, a history of building scaled mechanisms to manage a team, always staying close to the details of the operation and budget. This leader maintains composure and a steady vision in a fast moving, dynamic environment. You're a passionate people manager who prioritizes developing teams to their full potential.
Travel will be required
Location for this position is open across the EU
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Significant years of experience managing large teams.
• Significant years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams, Operations teams, and PR teams .
• Significant years of experience in program management, tours programs, public relations/marketing, or related fields.
• Written and spoken proficiency in any of the following languages French, Italian, Spanish and German.
• Strong analytical skills, comfortable interpreting data and using tools such as: SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Qualtrics, Quicksite, Coupa, Salesforce, etc.
• You thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
• You like adventures and taking calculated risks.
• You see value in long-term thinking and-large scale impact to a company.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
• MBA or related advanced degree.
• Ability to influence within a matrixed and highly diverse organization.
• Demonstrate ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning and task delegations under tight deadline.
• Experience working with Senior Executives including written, presentation and verbal communications.
• Experience working in a Training and Development organization.
• Background of owning strategic planning, taking business level objectives and delivering on-budget.
• Experience of change management/business launch/growth environments.
• Communications experience with distribution, operations, Internet and/or technology