Facility Operations Center Engineer
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you.
The Data Center Global Services organization is looking for an individual with proven and tested leadership skills to help bring to fruition a newly developed Facilities Operations Center. The Facility Operations Center is responsible for 24X7 monitoring of the data center's physical infrastructure and will serve as a facilitator for all Large Scale Events. This team will ensure that the customer experience will be optimal and gratifying by way of consistency, reliability and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will need to have an understanding of data center IT Infrastructure and data center Facilities infrastructure and how the two entities co-exist. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance and support to the onsite team. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels. Qualified candidates must also have experience functioning in a large-scale data center and have demonstrated and displayed the ability to think outside of the box. This skill is essential, as the candidate will assist with aligning the Facility Operations Center with the larger objectives of other business and peer organizations. You will need to play a role with growing the team to a standard of operational excellence.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think and act globally; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon Data Centers, then this may be the challenge you've been looking for! Only those who have worked within the confines of a datacenter need apply.
Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements (job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility required):
- Monitors the global data center Amazon facilities infrastructure platform
- Serves as a Point of Contact for internal and external teams
- Assists with the development of communication and escalation protocols designed to improve the team's performance
- Contributes to outage post mortem analysis
- Ensures records are updated in a timely manner
- Assists with coordination and communication during emergency recovery efforts
- Assists with the development of tools that will enhance the team's performance
The ability to support a 24X7 environment (This is shift work which requires that you work weekends and holidays)
Basic Qualifications: Experience and Skills
- 3+ Years' Experience in Data Center Engineering/ Operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with senior company leaders
- Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting tools
- Ability to follow accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
- Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- 3+ years experience working in a large-scale data center
- 3+ years experience in a NOC (Network Operations Center)
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for success at Amazon:
- Strong customer focus approach and perspective
- Exhibit excellent judgment
- Relentlessly high standards - never satisfied with the status quo
- Able to dive deep and never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Strive for innovation and simplification
- Strong results orientation and able to think big
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills
- Able to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Have a personal emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions
- Continually raise the bar
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top