- Copenhagen, Denmark
How would you like to be a part of Earth's most customer-centric company? You would work with teams of front-line responders who support the operations of some of the world's most powerful data centers. Our Data Center Engineering Operations team maintain and operate our critical infrastructure systems so that they are prepared to stand up against any situation.
AWS has the world's largest cloud computing portfolio. As an Amazonian you will work in some of the most sophisticated, safe, and secure data centers in the world. Our Facility Managers help keep them that way by working with the brightest minds from around the globe to help test and implement the newest technology and work practices to meet the demands of a changing market.
We have a passion for learning and evolving, it's how we have helped define ourselves as leaders in the industry. Let's work hard, have fun, and make history!
Day in the Life of a Facility Manager
• Oversee all aspects of the data center's critical physical infrastructure. Maintain high availability and performance while ensuring that all work performed within the site is done to high quality without impact to internal/external customers and maintain service level agreements.
• Manage teams of 24x7 engineering technicians in all facets of their career. Prioritize and assign tasks to data center technicians and operators, manage projects, coach and create documentation. Guide, train and educate staff on best practices related to all service owner issues.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the operations budget and expenditures.
• Engage in improvement projects, often requiring reaching out to a variety of support teams, and drive them from conception to completion.
• Coordinates daily with a multitude of third party vendors ensuring adherence to contracted SLAs.
• Communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Respond to out-of-hours emergency calls.
• Is the second level escalation points for Data Center facilities related issues/failures.
• Act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues. Oversee operation and management of routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
• Test quality, performance, safety, and reliability of products, equipment and processes.
• Walk job sites in uneven terrain. Maintain balance and perform construction tasks while on a ladder.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 39 pounds independently and participate in group lifts for 40+ pounds.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb stairs, twist, bend, work above shoulders, grasp, carry, push and pull.
• Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment.
• Perform extended site rounds that could include long distances of walking and long periods of time being away from a desk.
• Work at depths, such as raised floors.
• Work in noisy environments.
• Role may support more than one location/site.
• High school or equivalent diploma
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a data center or other critical environment OR 9+ years of Technical (Military/Trade School) training and/or experience OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
• 6+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other basic administrative tools
• 1+ year experience with managing diverse teams
• 6+ years of experience with advanced understanding of the electrical or mechanical systems involved in critical data center operations such as: feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS units. PDU units, pumps, air handling units and CRAC units
• 1+ year experience with managing diverse teams and other managers
• 4+ years of Data Center Engineering Experience
• 4+ years of experience with root cause analysis and troubleshooting/problem solving
• 3+ years of experience reading and understanding schematics and building drawings
• 3+ years of demonstrating the ability to share knowledge and train peers
• Associates or Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, technical writing or business justifications (white paper experience)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top