Export Compliance Manager - ITAR
- Nashville, TN
Export Compliance Program Mgr.
Do you see compliance as a business enabler? Do you have a passion for cutting edge technologies and complex problem solving? Do you enjoy building innovative compliance solutions? Are you passionate about creating the future of export compliance?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to expand its global presence and customer facing services and we are looking for a highly motivated Export Compliance Manager to manage our global ECCN classification program. As part of the AWS Global Trade team, this role gets to build policies, processes and solutions for automated compliance, engage with engineering teams to proactively understand and classify new technology products and establishes proactive processes while partnering with teams to build automation solutions and drive project deliverables.
The successful candidate will help manage the export classification program for strategic internal business units and be an innovative compliance leader experienced in diving deep into complex technical areas. The candidate will leverage strong subject matter expertise, a passion for new challenges, be creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to solve problems and develop requirements for new compliance solutions.
The candidate should be an innovative compliance professional experienced in building cutting edge programs. The role helps drive and scale the export compliance program through innovative process development. The candidate needs strong program/project management skills, must have a passion for new challenges, be creative, self-directed, and a great team player.
You will act as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to help create simple solutions to meet your program goals.
• Provide strategic export classification subject matter expertise on US and global export control classification regulations and advise internal business customers on compliance program
• Develop and maintain strategic export classification processes and solutions to manage AWS' global classification program
• Drive innovative solution requirements to further enhance and automate compliance
• US & Global export regulatory compliance and drive continuous improvements
• Monitor regulatory changes
• Manage metrics for management reporting
• Innovate control mechanisms to best meet business goals and compliance requirements
For interest please reach out to Monica Syed (email@example.com)
Location: Seattle, DC, or Portland
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 8+ years' experience in export compliance in a global corporate environment
• 8+ years of experience in US export regulations including EAR and ITAR
• 6+ years of experience in export classification for hardware, software, technology
• 4+ years of experience working with engineering teams to determine export controls
• 4+ years of experience using SNAP-R
• 3+ years of experience managing an export classification program
• MBA or related advanced degree
• Experience with ITAR, FTR, OFAC
• Experience working in a high tech company and classifying related products
• Strong Project management expertise
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Must be available for travel as necessary
• Track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and programs - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Strong attention to detail, and the ability to self-start and self-motivate
• Experience in working with technology and automation to develop innovative solutions
• Ability to mine and analyze data for reporting
• Exercise sound judgement in ambiguous circumstances
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Please email Jaimee Purcell (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Back to top