Export Compliance Manager (1 Year FTC)
- Windhof, Luxembourg
We're looking for a talented Export Trade Compliance Manager to support Amazon's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Export Compliance program.
In this role you will work with multiple stakeholders to drive export compliance in the EMEA region with particular focus on export controls and classification.
This position requires a highly organized self-starter with strong attention to detail, who is comfortable working with large volumes of data and complex business structures.
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN LUXEMBOURG - LU or LONDON UK. This is a maternity cover role which will most likely become a permanent role after 1 year due to organic growth.
• Monitor and interpret local / international trade regulations and perform continuous risk analysis and assessment of export activities and processes in the EMEA region
• Oversight of export control classification activities.
• Ownership of the tech roadmap for Export Compliance in EMEA, working with Amazon's technology teams to develop creative and best-in-class compliance processes that scale.
• Work with internal business teams and external service providers to identify and drive process improvements.
• Provide guidance and training on export compliance matters
• Leverage data to continuously improve Export Compliance at Amazon
• Maintain and audit export records in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures
• ECCN classification experience
• Sound understanding of EU and US export regulations and processes
• Experience working with Customs brokers and freight forwarders
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
• Fluency in English
• Post-graduation degree from an accredited University
• Previous experience within the retail or electronics industry
• Experience working with IT professionals and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
• Familiarity with SQL and Business Intelligence tools
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
Back to top