Executive Recruiting is looking for a Research Associate to help the business scale by identifying and recruiting top talent for executive level positions. This is a high visibility role with a significant opportunity to drive impact at the most senior levels within the organization.
The Research Associate will drive search strategy and execution for executive level roles within our General & Administration (G&A) business. This is a fast paced role with a fun and exciting team. This search specialist will conduct extensive market research, competitive intelligence and talent mapping to find and engage top talent across G&A business lines and functions.
This role will drive comprehensive search insights by:
• Conducting research to map markets and generate candidate names and profiles
• Creating robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest leaders for G&A
• Calibrating candidates with hiring managers
• Engaging and building relationships with executive level candidates, and performing initial assessment
• Contributing to the knowledge base of the G&A executive recruiting team by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles
• Building out talent networks in certain functions/industries and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an initial pool of candidates
• Participating in client update meetings on active searches and preparing reports
• Shadowing on-site interviews and debriefs
• Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership
A successful candidate will need to exhibit the following traits:
• Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
• Articulate; able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
• Self-assured; not easily thrown, able to think on your feet
• Entrepreneurial; can keep up with the fast paced recruiting culture
• Qualitative Research; the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and quickly learn new spaces
There is room to rise within the company and take on greater positions of responsibility as appropriate.
This position can be based at Amazon corporate offices in the following locations; Seattle, WA / San Francisco, CA / Sunnyvale, CA / Los Angeles, CA / Austin, TX / Nashville, TN / Chicago, IL / Arlington, VA / Boston, MA / New York, NY
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of research experience at a market insights firm, executive search firm, or global in-house executive search team
- Experience advising and influencing executive leadership
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• The pay range for this position in Colorado is $78,300 - 137,000 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.