Executive Operations Leader
- Flexible / Remote
We are looking for a large people leader with manufacturing operations experience to join our Worldwide Operations Organization across many geographies in the United States!
The Executive Operations Leader of an Amazon Fulfillment Center leads people, process and systems that deliver important products to our customers as promised. This role is challenging and appeals to people who have a pioneering spirit and a founder's mentality.
An Amazon Fulfillment Center is a highly complex operation which requires a leader who has experience in a quality/safety focused, high-volume manufacturing environment along with advanced people leadership skills. You will lead a dynamic team of Operations and Area Managers to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team and drive employee engagement within the Fulfillment Center.
As a senior leader you will oversee upwards of 1,000+ salaried and hourly employees, in a fast-paced, complex operations facility up to 1.2 million square feet.
Our Executive Operations Leaders serve as the face of the organization to thousands of employees and the community where the center is located. This position offers unlimited career potential as we continue to grow our global footprint.
The Executive Operations Leader is an extraordinarily complex leadership role, requiring an executive to balance flawless daily execution with the long-term development of a team. The role requires a detailed understanding and ability to balance every operational component of a facility from employee needs to IT, from robotics technology to process improvement. A successful executive will be able to provide strong vision and direction for the team, while fostering bottoms-up participation in process improvement from all levels of the organization.
• Own and deliver the operational budget for functional area, including safety, productivity, financial planning, labor planning, and operational goals
• Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labor planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning
• Drive continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives; work on strategic projects that have total building and network-wide impact. Effectively leverage the Operations and Area Managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges in the building.
• Network with other leaders across the network to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficiencies and cost savings
• Establish objectives and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience
• Set clear goals and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measure performance, provide feedback, and hold leaders accountable.
• Mentor and develop leaders and staff
• Participate in recruiting to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
• Work closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Maintenance Engineering, Safety, IT and other leaders) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
• Set clear goals for safety, customer experience and productivity, and successfully deliver on them
• Engage all levels of the organization to remove waste from operations processes employing Lean/Six Sigma practices
• Oversee product flow and implement new processes as required in order to improve efficiency and to support growth in new product lines
• Uphold the best of Amazon culture, leadership principles and values in the building and in the community
• Work flexible hours as the business demands; including overnight, weekends, and holidays.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of experience in manufacturing operations or other related experience
• Experience leading 100+ people
• Experience with Lean/Six Sigma quality systems
• Previous experience leading teams of 200+ in a complex manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
• Advanced Degree preferred in Engineering, Analytics, Operations Management or other STEM subject
• Experience managing managers
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $132,600 - 160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Back to top