Executive Leadership - Amazon Air Operations
- United States
Opportunities at Multiple Locations!
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Air Hub Senior Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound, outbound, package sortation and ramp operations or a functional process responsibility within the hub on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
• Lead and manage the outbound, inbound, package sortation and ramp operations within the Air Hub
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience of the shift.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
• Develop and implement processes required to support hub launch.
• This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Additional Job Elements:
• Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the building and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Should be able to work in environments (building and ramp) with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
• Able to access all areas of building; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation
• Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
• Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
• This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $132,600 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
• A completed Bachelor's Degree
• Direct experience managing and leading an operation (Gateway, Warehouse, Ramp, Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, etc)
• Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be able to work overnights and may be required to work weekends
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
• 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
• 3 years of air cargo/3P integrator ramp experience
• 2 years of Amazon Sort Center operations management experience
• Previous experience operating in an automated package sortation environment
• Experience in managing an operation lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
• Previous facility launch experience with Amazon
• You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Willing to relocate and travel to any of our gateways or regional air hub sites in the country with the assistance provided.
• Expereince with Amazon Kiva systems or within an automated factility
• Interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top