Executive Assistant - Storage (Amazon Web Services)
Amazon.com is seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to support a Director and team within the AWS Storage business. This This role requires attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical requests. The Executive Assistant will act as a seamless extension of the Director and team supported, and will work closely with other Executive Assistants throughout the organization and other organizations within AWS. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, composure and a good sense of humor.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate business needs and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is critical. The successful candidate will possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with senior leaders, functional business partners and other EAs to provide seamless support to the organization
- Proactively manage executive calendars with attention to accuracy, detail and allocation of time to promote productivity and recognize the need to re prioritize as appropriate
- Understand business priorities and identify process improvements to create efficiency and scale for the leadership team
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Organize and manage meetings, off-sites, launches, and team-based social events
- Support annual operational planning process, business planning and performance review cycles
- Work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships
- Write, edit and prepare professional documents/narratives
- Have fun at work and help others do the same
- 5+years of experience assisting at the executive level
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and WorkDocs
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top