Executive Assistant in AWS Elastic Networking
We are looking for a dynamic, multi-tasking and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support Directors within the AWS Elastic Networking organization. Bring your enthusiasm and can-do attitude to this exciting, growing organization at Amazon!
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior leaders inside and outside the company is key. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to act as an extension of the Director, to think and plan-ahead, manage time super-effectively. Heavy calendar management and meeting coordination, as well as travel and expenses, and assist with meeting agendas is required. This position will need to coordinate well with facilities and help manage space/headcount. Candidates must possess superior judgment and problem solving skills, have an aptitude for prioritization and managing complicated calendaring tasks with diplomacy and discretion. Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn organizational structure, team objectives and adapt to Amazon values and vision along with a can-do attitude. Some flex hours may be required.
The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, services, facilities, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization.
Sample of responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing day-to-day schedule and prioritization of activities. Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow-up on outstanding items.
- Drive key team activities (including staff and all team meeting agendas and logistics). Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings including in person, on-site, offsite, audio conferences (international and local) and Office Communicator.
- Act as liaison between Director and their teams.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed, travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international travel process (including passport, visa and cell phone requirements).
- Manage team space allocation, team moves, and monitor seat assignments.
- 10+ years experiences in an executive administrative capacity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience with domestic and international travel coordination.
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment.
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information.
- Sound judgment and flexibility to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines with little to no direction.
- Previous project management or event planning experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top