We are looking for an exceptionally bright, well organized and self-motivated Executive Assistant to directly support several Directors in Amazon Web Services Infrastructure group. Bring your enthusiasm and can-do attitude to this exciting, growing organization at Amazon!
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is key. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. They will function as an extension of those that they support as a cornerstone for the structure of the team.
This position will work closely with other assistants throughout AWS and HR organizations . The ability to plan-ahead, to manage time effectively, manage a very heavy calendar, coordinate travel, submit expense reports and assist with meeting agendas are critcal to success in this regard. The candidate may also be required to coordinate well with our facilities coordinators and help manage space and headcount for the respective teams. Candidate must possess exceptional judgment and problem solving skills, have an aptitude for prioritization and managing complicated calendaring tasks with diplomacy and discretion. Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn organizational structure, team objectives and adapt to Amazon values and vision along with a can-do attitude. Some flex hours may be required.
The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, services, facilities, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
3+ years executive administrative experience in a fast-paced environment · Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Preferred Qualifications
Calendar scheduling and meeting management for those they support
- Expense reports and p-card reconciliation
- Travel arrangements both domestic and international
- Event planning for those you support
- All Hands meeting for charge and tracking them to ensure they happen and are scheduled in advance
- Catering orders for key operational planning meetings and other long meetings that require catering.
- In office presence/attendance at least 90% of the time
- Clear communication of whereabouts if not in office and notification if you will arrive after 8:30am to manager and other EA's
- Ability to navigate Amazon internal tools all EA's use company wide including MS Office Suite (emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel), Oracle, Sharepoint, etc.
- Help ensure important documents are signed by due date assigned
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues/work closely with HR BP's as necessary while maintaining discretion
- Submit trouble tickets as needed for executives
- Coffee or lunches for those you support if asked
- Exclusive complex calendar management and scheduling on behalf of Director and ability to make decisions on behalf of executive as appropriate
- Ability to make decisions and judgment calls in a crisis when executive is unable to offer input
- Space Management assistance if asked/required
- Ensure executive is on time to meetings, anticipate needs of executive (will they eat today, etc.)
- Form effective working relationships with the other EA's on the team and within AWS and executive's peers to ensure smooth communications and effective scheduling
- Take initiative to be proactive and suggest things that may streamline executives work day, take work off of their plate or improve current processes or procedures
- Make sure executives day runs smoothly, they have all meeting materials required for meetings for the day and are clear about locations/logistics and details of their day. If executives day changes and is urgent text or ensure executive is always aware of last minute changes
- Diffuse any tense or escalating issues with staff as appropriate, uses common sense to make in the moment decisions on what is best in delicate or challenging situations
- Detailed hour by hour travel packets when executive travels
- Recognize important meetings from executive's peers that may require preparation and check to see if prep is required, help remind executive of preps or work blocks that may be required around OLR, OP1, etc.
- Effective management of 1:1's with executives direct reports and making sure all executives meetings have desired cadence
- Ensure executive has enough work time, blocks on calendar to write documents, etc.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to Data Center locations for offsite or training purposes
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top