Amazon Web Services (www.amazon.com/aws) provides innovative and cutting edge cloud solutions to a number of customers around the globe. AWS is recognized as being the global leader in infrastructure as a service IT solutions. We continue to grow and expand our employee base to better serve our diverse customers, from startups to large enterprises to government entities. AWS Talent Acquisition finds, recruits and hires the talent that AWS teams need to build and grow their services.
Do you want to play an instrumental role in contributing to our success? Here's your opportunity! The AWS Talent Acquisition team is seeking an exceptionally bright, multi-tasking, and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support the overall leader as well as part of the TA leadership team.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is key. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
This position will work closely with the organization's EA team as well as with other assistants and HR organizations throughout AWS and Amazon. Responsibilities for this position include the ability to think and plan ahead, manage time super-effectively, heavy calendar management as well as travel coordination, and assist with meeting agendas. Also needs to be able to coordinate well with our facilities coordinators and Space Administrators to help manage space and headcount for the executives' respective teams. Candidate must possess superior judgment and problem-solving skills, have an aptitude for prioritization, and managing complicated calendaring tasks with diplomacy and discretion. Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn organizational structure, team objectives and adapt to Amazon values and vision along with a can-do attitude. Some flex hours may be required.
The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment, and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, services, facilities, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization.
This person should also have demonstrated and well-developed skills in the following areas:
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Time Management
- Highly Detail-Oriented
- Excellent Judgment
- Heavy Calendar Management
- Effective Verbal/Written Communication
- Space Planning and Management
- Research and Documentation
Sample of responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing the leaders' day-to-day schedules and prioritization of activities. Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Drive key team activities, including staff and team meeting agendas and logistics, planning and logistics for team morale events, and manage local activities for org-wide events such as post-All-Hands social hours, etc.
- Identify and coordinate most productive and cost-effective method for meetings including in-person, on-site, offsite, audio and/or video conferences (international and local).
- Act as liaison between the executives and teams.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international travel process (including passport, visa and cell phone requirements).
- Coordinate with AWS's Space Administrator to track and manage team workspaces.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 5+ years experiences in an executive administrative capacity.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information.
- Sound judgment and flexibility to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines with little to no direction.
- Previous project management or event planning experience preferred.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top