Amazon Spark is a new product organization seeking an exceptionally bright, motivated and team-oriented individual to support the team Director, direct reports, and the overall team, as well as multiple VPs and Directors who regularly work with the core team throughout the company. This is a fast paced and highly visible role that requires an individual with flexibility, good judgment, an eye for accuracy, and a strong attention to detail to get things done. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior leaders globally is critical. A proven track record of effective time management, taking initiative, working independently, delivering exceptional results and exceeding expectations is important. We are looking for someone who learns quickly, is self-driven and adapts to changing circumstances with grace. The role is direct support for the team's director but also supports the entire team which is in a central role across many engineering teams at a pivotal time in the product evolution.
The most successful candidate will be an effective communicator, both verbally and with written correspondence, possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with minimal guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
Understanding basic company organization, working relationships, and business partner roles and responsibilities of these two teams is important as this position will work closely with other assistants across the business team, multiple geographies and the rest of the company.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing complex calendars, scheduling meetings, responding to meeting requests and ensuring meeting requirements are delivered
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including organizing trip agendas and local logistics
- Completing expense reports, purchase orders, and managing corporate card purchases; participating in budget planning and tracking as needed
- Tracking and helping to drive completion of key deliverables, following up on outstanding items
- Acting as a liaison for direct reports across the globe
- Planning and coordinating team activities and events
- Managing other core administrative activities (space planning, new-hire onboarding, organizational charts, supply ordering)
- 2-3 years of work experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills; proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A strong desire (and aptitude) for learning; effective questioning
- Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while keeping team members adequately informed.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, high judgment in handling multiple competing priorities, with a bias for moving fast and being self-sufficient where possible
- Strong judgment in fiscal responsibilities handling team budget and expenses
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top