Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an exceptionally talented, customer service obsessed, resourceful and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support multiple directors and general managers running a large organization for the very fast-growing Amazon Web Services.
This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgment. The right candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and bias for action, be customer-service oriented and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. Having great organization skills and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice will ensure success. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements.
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation.
- Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones).
- Complete and file expense reports; utilizing both domestic and international currencies.
- Drive team activities (including staff meeting agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics).
- Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings including in person, on-site, off-site, audio conferences (international, stateside and local) and video conferences.
- Close collaboration with departmental EA peers.
- Responsible for all space planning activities within the organization/local office.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Project/program management: Support annual operational planning process, business planning, and performance review cycles
- Serve as a business partner ensuring strategic, proactive and thoughtful support of the business cycle
- Microsoft Outlook is essential, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- 2+ years of experience assisting at the leadership level
- Some technical understanding and abilities
- Familiarity with Database systems
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment; self-motivated
- Strong ownership, communication and partnering skills
- Managing domestic and international travel and expenses when needed
- Contributing to longer-term team projects
- Acting as a liaison for direct reports, coordinating team activities, and managing other key administrative activities for the team as needed (space planning, new-hire onboarding, updating organizational charts, supply ordering)
- Managing key finance processes throughout the year, and acting as a resource and partner to other assistants
- Streamlining inbound/outbound communications, maximizing productivity and ensuring all requests receive attention with the proper level of urgency
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top