Are you an Executive Assistant (EA) ready to take on a new challenge? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Platform organization is seeking that exceptionally bright, multi-tasking, and self-motivated Executive Assistant who will provide full executive and administrative support to its VP. Maximum impact, maximum performance, and maximum fun are all part of the job description.
As a support partner to the VP of AWS Platform, this role encompasses everything from managing the VP's complex calendar and travel, to maximizing time efficiency, working closely with other EAs within AWS and throughout Amazon, and providing oversight and leadership to the organization's EA team. The position will manage critical Executive meetings in a fast-paced environment and continuously seek new opportunities to make the VP and leadership team more efficient.
Our ideal EA candidate is organized, innovative, knowledgeable, and forward-thinking when it comes to ensuring smooth operations. The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment as well as attention to detail, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines. We pride ourselves on being the world's most customer-centric company, and the sophisticated demands of our customers mean that you will need to be flexible and able to change direction at a moment's notice. Diplomacy is the rule of thumb in this role. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is a must, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is key. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. Some flex hours may be required.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Proactively manage executive's complex calendar with attention to accuracy, detail, and allocation of time to promote productivity and recognize the need to reprioritize as appropriate.
- Travel coordination, domestic and international. Create detailed travel itineraries and coordinate with in-house travel agents to ensure smooth transitions between time zones; manage international travel processes including passport, visas, and any other applicable documentation.
- Organize and manage meetings (including setting agendas and driving follow-up of action items), off-sites, and team-based social events, with associated budgets and logistics.
- Process expense reports and invoices as needed.
- Act as liaison between the VP and his directs and associated teams.
- Work in partnership with senior leaders, functional business partners (e.g., Finance, HR) and other EAs to provide seamless support to the VP and organization.
- Understand the business priorities and identify process improvements to create efficiency and scale for the VP and his leadership team.
- Tracking and driving completion of key deliverables and follow-up on outstanding items.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting various documents and correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the VP's ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Support annual operational planning process, business planning and performance review cycles.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the organization's EA team, managing the overall administrative support structure for the org, and building and developing effective ongoing relationships with each EA.
- Other projects as assigned.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience providing Executive Assistant support for senior level executives in a fast-paced environment
- Well-versed in heavy calendar management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience with domestic and international travel coordination
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals from both inside and outside the company
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Adept at working effectively in a global environment and across cultural boundaries
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
- Positive, proactive, and able to have fun at work and help others do the same
- Grace under pressure, and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice
- Experience with space planning
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed
- Ability to utilize sound business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Tenacious and enthusiastic about self-improvement and continuous learning
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top