Amazon Web Services is seeking an individual to provide administrative assistance to the leader of AWS Support. AWS Support is one of Amazon Web Services largest and fastest growing businesses. This is a global team with team members on 6 continents. It's still "Day 1" in web services and we're less concerned with traditional EA experience, but more looking for super smart, detail oriented, trustworthy, more a Chief of Staff mindset who is intellectually curious, and interest in tech or cloud would be cool too. The assistant will be responsible for high quality written communication both within Amazon and to the outside world. Good judgment, writing skills, and the ability to simplify are important. While there are no specific areas of technical expertise required, this job requires a fearlessness in dealing with technical subjects.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements.
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation for global travel. Create detailed, to-the-minute travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international travel process (including passport, visa, vaccination, and cell phone requirements). Complete and file expense reports; utilizing both domestic and international currencies.
- Drive team activities (including staff meeting agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics).
- Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings including in person, on-site, off-site, audio conferences (international, stateside and local) and video conferences.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
All other duties as assigned including special projects.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- Microsoft Outlook is essential, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- 2+ years of experience assisting at the leadership level
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Great customer focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top