The Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) organization is looking for an Executive Assistant who wants to work in an exciting and growing organization. We need someone who is bright and motivated, with a proven history of high performance.
This fast-paced, challenging role requires an individual with flexibility, good judgment, an eye for accuracy, consistent character, and the ability to get things done under tight timelines. We are looking for someone who learns quickly, is self-driven and adapts to changing circumstances with grace. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior leaders is critical, as is a good sense of humor. The most successful candidate will be an effective communicator, both verbally and with written correspondence.
We work hard, have fun, and make history daily so we're looking for team members who possess the intellectual curiosity and practiced drive that will positively impact our organization, team performance, and morale.
IPC owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems: we decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas, continuously improves, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Unlike many companies who buy existing off-the-shelf planning systems, IPC is responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Amazon's needs. Our team members have an opportunity to be on the forefront of supply chain thought leadership by working on some of the most difficult problems in the industry with some of the best research scientists and software developers in the business, shaping our roadmap to drive real impact on Amazon's long-term profitability. If you're interested in getting closer to the "action," IPC is the place for you.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to think and plan ahead, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
- Serving as a business partner ensuring strategic, proactive, and thoughtful support of the organization's business cycle
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Coordination and planning of domestic and international travel
- Completing expense reports, purchase orders, and managing corporate card purchases; participation in budget planning and tracking as needed
- Driving team activities (including staff meeting agendas/notes, org-wide meetings, social events, supply ordering, and other key logistics)
- Managing other core administrative activities (new-hire onboarding, organizational charts, supply ordering, etc.)
- Project/program management: Support annual operational planning process, business planning, and performance review cycles
- Minimum of 5 years' experience providing Executive Assistant support for senior level executives in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience with domestic and international travel coordination
- Experience with space planning
- Experience with event planning
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
- Positive, proactive, and able to have fun at work and help others do the same
- Grace under pressure, and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed
- Ability to utilize sound business judgment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top