EU Technical Permitting Manager
- London, United Kingdom
We are Amazon's EU Design & Construction team, and we are responsible for the construction of Amazon's enormous European building infrastructure program which includes Sortation Centers and Cross Dock buildings, as well as refurbishment of our existing infrastructure. We want to be the Earth's most customer-centric company, and our team lives up to this promise to our internal customers.
We now require an EU Technical Permitting Manager to drive our building, operational, fire and all permit requirements in the delivery of our program, acting as the central specialist for Permitting Strategy and direction. The successful candidate will be a key part of the Design and Pre-Construction team and will therefore be responsible for all permit aspects of our pan-EU specialist logistics building program.
We require an experienced Construction Permitting Manager to support us with the growth of our European network. The candidate would ideally require to have extensive experience in construction and operational permit preparation, obtainment and enforcement management, managing or accompanying a multitude of international EU projects on a program level.
The role will be based in Luxembourg, Germany or the UK and will include frequent travel to many locations throughout EU.
The role will include frequent travel to locations within EU.
• You are an Architect, a Civil or Structural or Construction Engineer, or a professional having managed permitting and design processes for construction projects.
• You have a track record in permitting and design management, ideally for larger construction programs. You have strong construction design and project management capabilities, good interpersonal skills and a think out of box attitude.
• You will assume a centralized function and will support, review and standardize permitting documents, follow ups and changes for new and retrofit sites
• Create and actively track and communicate Project permit strategies and milestone definition for each permit requirement across our program, in conjunction with both the Pre Construction and construction Teams.
• Lead internal stakeholder communications ahead of time to proactively communicate progression on permit submissions in their entirety.
• You push to improve and coach project architect teams who are creating permit documentation, and ensure permits are fit for operational requirements.
• You will be our Subject Matter Expert for Building Permits and licenses, and the link between the Construction team, which manage ongoing projects on the ground and the Preconstruction team which are setting these projects up.
• Understand the permitting and licensing process in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, and develop strategies to standardize and improve
• Collect and sync feedback from developers, contractors and consultants, and internal stakeholders
• Assist Preconstruction and Construction Managers during design reviews, GC procurement, value engineering, tender reviews
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Architecture, or Civil Engineering, or Construction Management, or science/technology.
• Extensive construction design and permitting management or creation experience, ideally in international environments
• Proven experience in development and implementation of logistics, industrial or residential projects
• Working and software-architectural knowledge in BIM and / or 3D modelling tools, Revit, Navisworks and related
• Project management skills tracking and accompanying multiple projects
• Good working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software
• Professional fluency in English required
• The role will include frequent travel to many locations throughout EU.
• Work experience within field execution, i.e. with General Contractors
• Experience in fire, evacuation and smoke strategies and their impact on permitting and building design
• Strong leadership experience in medium or large construction program management
• Broad experience in design exchange and information management platforms used in construction industry
• Speaking of other EU languages, + German a bonus
Back to top