EU ReLo Ops Business Analyst
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon's European Reverse Logistics team is responsible for the processing of hundreds of millions of Customer Returns each year in our Return Centres across Europe, and to recover millions of euros in COGS.
We analyze large volumes of data to help Amazon think through how best to organize a quickly growing and changing network, and to track our performance to identify process flaws in our return centres. We are constantly engaging with new kinds of problems, and use a wide range of tools to reach the right solutions, including Tableau, SQL, R, and Excel backed by sound business judgement.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible to develop the planning strategy to handle c-return and v-return volumes in our FCs, both in the short term to load-balance volumes in our network and in the long term to build the capacity needed to sustain future volumes. The position is data-intensive so you will be responsible for modeling complicated problems through the use of statistical, data mining, and visualization techniques to be successful in the role. You will be working with a wide range of stakeholders across Amazon to implement the solutions you identify, so success for this position requires not only strong analytical skills but also excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The position is based in Amazon's European headquarters in Luxembourg, a city widely known for its beautiful setting, livability, and highly international population with foreign nationals making up over half of the population.
• Partner with S&OP team on development of c-return and v-return volume forecasts for our return centre operations;
• Partner with Network Planning team to develop long-term strategic forecasts for c-returns to help define the topology strategy over a horizon of 3-5 years;
• Optimise and balance the c-return volume load in the network of return FCs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Working experience working in analytics, business intelligence, supply chain or similar roles. Experience in Operations is considered a plus.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Deep knowledge of SQL to extract and transform data into meaningful analyses and reports
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
• Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
• Fluency in English
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
• Degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics, statistics, computer science or other quantitative areas. Master's degree preferred
• Experience in scripting languages e.g., Python, VBA, R or others
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and advanced statistical techniques e.g., distributions, confidence intervals, time series analysis, regression models, clustering, machine learning;
• Experience in data visualization platforms e.g., Tableau and PowerBI
Back to top