EU Print on Demand (POD) Process Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren't content with standing still.
Amazon's overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is seeking a Process Engineer to help launch the Make on Demand (MoD) Process Engineering (PE) team for the EU. This role has specific focus on Print on Demand (PoD) - an integrated retail, print, and fulfillment service for paperback and hardback books. The customer purchase initiates the manufacturing of a title and PoD prints the unit needed to fill customer demand. The units are printed in the location closest to the customer, allowing for faster and more efficient delivery. The PoD business model puts the customer at the center.
PE teams represent a globally dispersed group of operational leaders driving process stabilization, standardization and continuous improvement for the MoD Network. This team is essential to establish best in class network performance across all performance paths, accelerate implementation of technology advancements and to strengthen the technical acumen and process knowledge for the operational leaders within the MoD network. As we continue to rapidly grow our PC footprint and infuse the organization with new talent, we need to ensure the operations teams are equipped with the functional expertize to successfully deliver expected gains for technology advances and network wide process improvements. The team utilize tools to understand process control and establish process understanding with the outcome of minimizing variation between shifts, building and region, by driving standard operating procedures to deliver strong performance.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME) and the NA MoD PE team to identify and define the input metrics for each of the process paths to prioritize and channel resources to address gaps in these input metrics.
As an EU Process Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities across process paths in PoD, prioritizing the improvement opportunities and partnering with FC stakeholders to successfully execute. This role requires the ability to demonstrate ownership within your process path, interpret data, and lead through influence to deliver meaningful results translating to tangible productivity and efficiency gains across the PoD Network. Some of the position's key responsibilities include:
• Evaluate performance objectives and metrics across the EU PoD Network to proactively identify process improvement opportunities across all process paths
• Develop and implement detailed standard operating procedures to support daily operations within optimized operating window for each process
• Partner with operational leaders within the PCs and across the network to execute the implementation of process improvements driving stabilization and standardization
• Deliver coaching and process path information to operational leaders in the PCs as it relates to your respective process paths to support reduction of variation in process standards and knowledge gaps
• Execute, measure and support communication of project impacts in partnership with the site leaders responsible for day to day operations
• Work with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Learning and Talent Development and ACES to deliver capability development projects
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to PCs across the EU
In addition to having shop-floor affinity and experience in Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics, you are an active networker with:
• Completed Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations or a related field
• Demonstrate a track record of problem-solving and analytical skill, and of achieving results in similar work or operational environments
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills as well as good business judgment
• Familiarity with statistics, statistical analysis and related software packages (e.g. Minitab, other)
• Self-starter with ability to motivate operations partners to meet expectations when given a deadline
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including comfort writing in narrative form
• Master's degree in Engineering (any field) or Operations
• Wide knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
• Experience as a manager in the areas of: Engineering, manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Demonstrable training and dissemination skills and experience
• Cross-functional project management experience
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile and we will also make sure you're well rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We're looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Back to top