EU Construction Change Manager (based in Luxembourg)
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is enlarging the Design and Construction oriented part of Change Management team for EU Operations with this fixed term contract role. The team supports new fulfilment capacity and expansion projects by obtaining approval for variations from standard drawings and specification. The team is responsible for managing change review and implementation via requests and lessons learnt in the field. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters, working effectively with internal teams and working with procurement and vendors. This individual will provide leadership and best practices to project managers, engineers and project stakeholders by making effective data driven decisions, establishing processes and disseminating information as necessary to complete projects successfully. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing with and influencing various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will have the ability to push back on business owners where appropriate. This person must be able to manage constantly shifting priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be familiar with the basic standard prototypes for Amazon Fulfillment Centers
• Know and challenge the current document management structure, learn how to search for missing specification and cooperate with project teams to acquire all necessary documentation
• Be familiar with current Project Management Office (PMO) plan for Amazon projects planned to be built and any changes coming from leadership on current planning;
• Work with Category Managers to help challenge cost of changes proposed and be able to reach out to various teams to support cost estimation on construction elements
• Maintain and help improve consistent processes to coordinate the cooperation of different teams on change management
• Simplify processes to manage changes or additions to the established standards and maintain ownership of decision driven by the team and resolution of escalated items
• Schedule and moderate multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams to obtain or share information and approve changes
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
• Be design and construction advocate; help different functions to understand project documentation, read drawings, know basic site management structure and the complexity of construction works
• Be able to sketch ideas and make fast conceptual drawings of changes proposals
• Understand operational processes
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Architecture, Engineering or similar technical field.
• Graduate with a min two years experience in engineering/architectural office or on construction site, working effectively with internal teams, procurement and vendors
• Fluency in written and spoken English required
• Ability to present and effectively communicate with senior leadership
• Basic knowledge in Project management
• Minimum experience in interacting with cross-functional teams
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• MBA or Master's Degree is preferred
• Experience in architecture/engineering field
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Good organization skills
• Ability to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others who are not in your reporting chain
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
Back to top