At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized, self-starter to join our World Wide Operations Human Resources team as an Escalations Investigator.
The central objective of Amazon's Centralized Executive Escalations team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core leadership principles. The ideal candidate for this position has strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues and projects.
The Escalations Investigator will:
- Investigate highly sensitive human resources and employee relations issues, including: conducting claimant; witness and target employee interviews; analyzing data from various internal systems; case adjudication; proposing remedial action based on investigation findings; and writing completed investigation summaries
- Independently manage casework, bringing investigations to closure rapidly and definitively
- Analyze aggregate casework data to identify issue trends and opportunities for proactive issue mitigation
- Analyze casework trends and provide strategic recommendations to the business to proactively address systemic defects
- Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication and practices
- Consult and collaborate with Human Resource business partners, Employee Relations teams, and Legal teams on complex investigations
- Be able to earn trust of entry level associates and influence senior leadership
- Manage difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Reactively respond and engage on critical employee relations issues that are time-sensitive. Balancing time between investigation and projects is a critical component for success in the position.
- At least five years combined human resources, labor relations, investigative, legal experience or related experience, and demonstrated passion for employee relations and associate advocacy
- Bachelor's degree required
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws
- Experience in conducting investigative work, including claimant, witness, and target employee interviews, investigative data analysis, and production of investigative documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to write clearly and succinctly for senior leadership
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in manufacturing/distribution/call center environments
- Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups
- Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations or human resources a significant plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top