Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to help manage the Disability and Leave Services (DLS) product suite.
DLS is a program that delivers leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. This new team enables employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive self-service tools across devices using Communities, Lightning, and other Salesforce technologies. Driven by innovation, our mission is to invent and simplify the customer experience. We will implement the overall self-service strategy and user experience for employees and integrate it with other Amazon cross systems and platforms including telephony (AWS Connect), content management (CMS), and analytics to deliver a consistent global experience.
As a technical product manager in ES Tech, you will own the design and delivery of DLS products and global service delivery initiatives to build scale, efficiency, and a great customer experience. You will leverage your team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform.
The ideal candidate is passionate about products, has strong product development and process design skills, as well as outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating business plans to driving product development. This role requires an individual who can balance feedback from internal teams and external stakeholders to create the best experience for both. A keen sense of ownership is a must. The right candidate is comfortable and experienced working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making.
Key responsibilities include identifying new capabilities, defining product features, and working closely with development teams to get those features in the hands of our customers.
• Working backwards from outcomes with the business to define and drive creative product features and capabilities that enhance and delight customers.
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning and tactical execution.
• Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, and employees.
• Translate product/business requirements into development specifications within the agile development process.
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
• Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple teams from design to rollout.
• Translate key insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for product improvements.
• Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
• Write documentation and test plans demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
• 7+ years in product management.
• 2-3 years of experience working with Salesforce implementations.
• Able to effective manage ambiguous/undefined problems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation trade-off decisions.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels.
• Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools.
• 3 years' experience delivering disability, absence, accommodations products in large corporate or financial services industry.
• 3 years software engineering experience, architecture or systems design experience.
• Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making.
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, high quality document and report preparation.
• Experience delivering innovative experiences.
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others.
• Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization.
• Experience with agile delivery methodologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.