ES Tech, Sr. Solutions Architect
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team delivers packaged software solutions that enable HR Services to accelerate delivery and support to Amazon's global workforce. ES Tech is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess both deep technical knowledge and strong interpersonal skills. As a Solution Architect within ES Tech, you will have the opportunity to help our customers develop solutions that address their business needs and challenges using solutions built on Salesforce, OnBase, Cornerstone, Adobe, and many AWS technologies.
Do you have a knack for helping an organization understand application architecture and integration approaches and helping drive a project to success with your strong business acumen and technical capabilities?
Come join Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team as a Sr. Solutions Architect. In this role we are looking for a hands-on, experienced Solutions Architect to perform strategic consulting by engaging with our clients to discover new opportunities, and educate customers on how to craft scalable, flexible, resilient, secure, and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the Solutions Architect will help internal Employee Services organization understand the Salesforce enterprise solution, and how to migrate existing workloads and data into the cloud. We are looking for a Solutions Architect who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
The ideal candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about technology, has customer facing skills that will allow her/him to lead discussions with senior personnel as well as a technical background that enables her/him to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to address business and technical challenges, and a willingness to help all of our customers benefit from the advantages offered by ES Tech.
• Have a broad range of technical knowledge and solution strategy expertise in order to advise on the best holistic solution for stakeholder requirements.
• Express the strengths of the Salesforce Lightning platform, integrations, cloud platforms, mobile and user experience. Build customized solutions that drive key business decisions.
• Build trusting relationships with product stakeholders, accelerate projects and drive adoption of best and scalable solutions in line with long-term business outcomes.
• Owning and delivering complex cloud based solutions using technologies such as Salesforce.com, Lightning components, Web/J2EE, AJAX, AngularJS and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
• Designing/Developing comprehensive, innovative solutions by configuration designs, use cases, test conditions, and training documentation to support the successful implementation of initiatives, process automation and other customer functionality.
• Owning all aspects of architecture, end to end design, custom development, security, development best practices, integration and deployment (CI/CD), release architecture and automation regression testing across all the leave solutions.
• Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value
• Educate customers on the value proposition of ES Tech and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community and with our customers.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 10+ years' experience in enterprise, application and information architecture methodologies, design.
• 2+ years of experience with Salesforce solution management, web applications, Salesforce tools/ utilities and/or Workday.
• 5+ years of experience with use of web services (SOAP/ REST), pub/sub, integration platforms and design patterns.
• Build solution on Salesforce.com platform, including development in Force.com, Visualforce, Apex, Web Services, SOQL and API's.
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum environments, sprint planning and assessment.
• Strong influencing and communication skills. Conversant with both technical and business audience.
• Excellent written communication skills and high quality document preparation.
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
• Motivated self-starter, able to change directions quickly when priorities shift and quickly think through problems to design and deliver solutions
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industry.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering.
• In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the CRM application.
• Salesforce certifications.
• Understanding of UI design principles and best practices.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies or of state of the art architectures (e.g. containers, serverless, data lakes, IoT, ML etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top