Are you excited about building high visibility, impactful, technical innovation from the ground up, that completely changes the work eligibility experience for millions of people? We are looking for an engineering leader who is passionate about building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love and are excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on all Amazonians.
Work authorization is a revolutionary service that verifies and authorizes millions of new Amazonians to work at Amazon without contacting the service delivery team. It is among the most innovative services being built within People Experience Technology. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager who will work with an energetic development team to create highly scalable distributed services that expand the reach and functionality of the service. You will use data modeling and guided workflows to provide intuitive self-service functionality for employees and service operators. In this role, you will own solutions from design and execution through deployment and support, using the best of available AWS services. You will be responsible for holding code quality high, even as we optimize our development processes to better serve our customers. Most importantly, you should be happy and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where delivery of new products and features is very rapid.
You will own the design and delivery of a product suite, support and service delivery initiatives globally to build scale, efficiency, and a world class customer experiences. You will leverage your team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, and extensible. You are responsible for hiring the top talent team of software developers and manage, retain and optimize the development team for efficiency, quality and repeatable delivery. This role sets a high bar for developers to aspire to, creates velocity through reusable processes and designs, optimizes for speed while ensuring quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about setting the standard for engineering excellence, building software solutions, have strong software development, systems and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating technical plans to driving software development. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership is a must. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
• Working backwards with business to define and drive creative product features and capabilities that enhance and delight customers.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Lead and partner with multiple development team for successful execution of the software solutions.
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning and tactical execution.
• Work with software development managers, TPMs and business to translate product/business requirements into development specifications within the agile development process
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple teams from design to rollout.
• Translate key insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for product improvements
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
• Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation trade offs.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels.
• 1-2 years of experience working with Salesforce implementations.
• Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making.
• Experience managing and leading team of senior developers and technical program managers.
• Superior project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, high quality document and report preparation.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others
• Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, and process optimization.
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.