Amazon's Employee Services Tech (ES Tech) team is building an HR Contact Management solution on the Salesforce Service Cloud. We enable employee self-service by providing simple, intuitive tools across devices using communities, lightning, and other Salesforce next generation technologies. We implement the overall self-service strategy and improve user experience for our employees and partners by integrating it with other Amazon systems and platforms including: telephony, content management system (CMS), and analytics to ensure a consistent global experience.
A Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) at Amazon is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You'll be writing code that automatically verifies that if anything does go wrong, your code will tell us. Our SDETs work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
We are looking for a SDET to join our team. In this role, you'll work closely with QA Engineers and development teams to develop test automation frameworks for functional and non-functional QA and automate infrastructure management process. You'll navigate through complex code to better understand features and to ensure our development engineers continue to deliver quality software. You'll test code manually and with automated tools using black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. You will write automated tests using Java or proprietary test scripts for automated tools and will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
• Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
• Design and build automated systems for infrastructure management process.
• Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product's testing strategy
• Participating in design and code inspections.
• Perform functional testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation
A successful candidate must have a solid history of delivering results, obsession with quality, be detail oriented, a team player, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Software engineering or a related field.
• 5+ yrs of experience with major time designing and building automation frameworks.
• Working knowledge of common automation frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
• Experience in writing testing frameworks and automation tools is preferable
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
• Experience automating the validation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures.
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool-sets.
• Good communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us