"In addition to being a earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon will commit to being Earth's Best Employer and Earth's Safest Place to Work" -- Jeff Bezos
Amazonian Experience and Technology (AET) is responsible for building and running Amazon's human capital management technology, as well as business applications for benefits, time and attendance, disability and leave, immigration, learning, document management, health and safety, and HR contact center solutions for millions of Amazonians. Our mission is to make Amazon "Earth's Best Employer and Earth's Safest Place to Work".
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation and deliver highly visible solutions that truly matter and effect change? If so, we are looking for a strong engineers in the Amazon Disability Accommodations and Leave Services (DLS) which is part of Employee Services Technology (ESTech) organization to build greenfield applications using latest native AWS services for millions of Amazonians to get support on their important life events. In this role you will be part of the highly visible team that drives and executes the technology vision to create self service experience for millions of Amazon employees, managers, HRs and case managers to manage the Accommodations and Leave requests and do their day-to-day work of innovating on behalf of their customers, without any issue.
As an SDE-II on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will own the full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and a differentiated customer experiences built using native AWS services. You will leverage your deep technical expertise to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, and extensible. Your work and development skills will set the high bar for raising standards across the development team. You will create efficiencies both in your team and others through reusable processes and designs, and optimize for speed while ensuring quality outcomes. You will use innovative technology to understand the needs of employees, and create simple to use experiences for complex life events require building new capabilities, intelligent issue detection and routing engine, extending and adapting existing services, and orchestrating available resolutions across multiple organizations. As an L5 SDE, you need to communicate effectively to understand the requirements of the customers and stakeholders and drive consensus between multiple teams to deliver software effectively. Should be curious to learn new and complex technologies and also willing to train new team-mates on how the team's software works.
You will also partner with SDE-IIIs and Principal Engineers in the organization to drive execution of our 3-year architecture plans (3YAP) for the technology as well as drive tradeoff decisions balancing long term vision with delivering immediate impact to our customers. You will be a mentor for SDE-Is in the team, coaching your peers on engineering excellence and leadership principles and partner with SDMs and PMs to deliver team level goals. Lastly, you will also get an opportunity to be mentored by other Sr. engineers in the team and learn from Principal Engineers while working on the goals.
Come join us to build the Earth's best employee experience!
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building cloud services on AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Strong experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions - Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly