Learn and Be Curious is a core principal of Amazon and we are uniquely positioned to enable the next generation of learning solutions for our own employees. Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is looking for highly technical entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of system ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. This role will be responsible for building brand new high quality distributed cloud services on the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality cloud services, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Demonstrated fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java
• Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Hands-on expertise across tech stack from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.