Love data as much as we do? Want to influence at Amazon? We have the career for you. Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is seeking an outstanding Data Engineer to join our BI team to build out the data platform with all of the data ingestion mechanisms required for the initiative. Our platform delivers business intelligence to a diverse, global community of internal customers from one of the world's largest and most complex data sets. Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.You will be responsible for designing and implementing data solutions using Amazon cloud technologies. A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence ETL tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have an internal drive to answer "why?" questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python and Spark.
Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
Design structured, multi-source data mappings to deliver the dashboards and reports that make data actionable.
Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality and implement business logic using efficient transformations.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• 3+ years of experience in designing and developing data processing pipelines using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience with full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing
• Experience with AWS technologies (EMR, Dynamo, RDS, Redshift, Athena, S3)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.