Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Sr. Manager - Americas Region
Amazon's Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team is seeking a Sr. Manager to lead the program in the Americas region. This position is based in Seattle, WA. and reports to the Director of Amazon Corporate Security (ACS).
The health and safety of Amazon employees is our number one priority and we are committed to protecting the environment in the communities where we work and live.
The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Regional Sr. Manager will be responsible to develop and lead a strong safety culture atmosphere and engage and collaborate with Amazon business teams to continually reduce risks and ensure EHS compliance. The scope of this position includes North America, Central America, and South America.
- Understanding and analyzing EHS data and information (e.g. EHS laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices) to discover trends and inform risk-based planning for resources and programming.
- Developing long term goals, metrics and key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement aimed at enhancing the resiliency of Amazon's global portfolio of corporate offices.
- Working with the Global Real Estate and Facilities team to integrate EHS consideration into the site selection and launch process.
- Partner with stakeholders (Security, Facilities, HR, Workers Comp, etc.) to ensure information on EHS polices are communicated, implemented and executed upon among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Manage injury/illness prevention – review root cause and identify themes across the portfolio.
- Working with ACS, Facility Managers, and site leadership to enhance plans for responding to emergencies and disruptive events impacting occupants at corporate sites.
- Assisting in the response to emergencies and significant disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
- Professional college degree in relevant field.
- 7+ years' experience in Environment, Health, and Safety.
- 7+ years' experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary, projects.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Track record of having earned the trust of the leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth and improving efficiency.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making. Preferably in multiple languages.
- Have or working towards CSP, CIH, NEBOSH, or CHMM certification.
- Have experience in managing the following programs: Emergency Preparedness, Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top