Come join the AWS Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software is bought and sold! AWS Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all AWS customers, and it enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase, and consume software. This rapidly growing business within Amazon Web Services offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
We are looking for an end to end owner that is hands-on, and customer-obsessed Enterprise Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join the AWS Marketplace Managed Catalog Operations team. The MCO team owns the operational relationships with 3rd party software providers; building and owning relationships with sellers, providers, peer teams and Amazon stakeholders. We manage the content acquisition from providers and drive end to end management of content ingestion within Amazon systems including onboarding, coordinating, troubleshooting, file creation and submission, content ingestion, technical support, and quality.
This role will be responsible for supporting our growing special government regions, working with sellers, AWS Public Sector, government agencies, product management and engineering teams. We are looking for a person with strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to solve technical challenges in ambiguous or new environments. Key attributes are strong business judgment and an ability to deliver results in a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, be well-organized, and be able to credibly coordinate between teams of technical resources and business stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will:
• Drive the onboarding of new products by working with sellers to collect product data and then registering / publishing the product using internal tools.
• Build and maintain working operational relationships with service providers, engineering and support staff.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Consistently improve the seller experience by delivering superior seller support within a specified SLA and other key metrics.
• Analyze complex information, identify problems, implement solutions, adjust priorities, make effective procedural decisions, and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, data driven environment.
• Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and initial escalation point for junior TAMs, create and maintain documentation and SOPs and convey relevant information to peer and external teams.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• Bachelor's degree or 4 years of technical hands-on experience in a progressively technical role with cloud based technologies.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel (vlookup, Pivot tables).
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• 5+ years of experience as a Technical Account Manager or Vendor Manager role preferably in a Public Sector environment.
• 5+ years of direct Public Sector experience in software configuration, development, or acquisition.
• 5+ years of experience with workflow-based systems, digital supply chain and programmatic processing and review of metadata.
• Familiarity with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including detailed requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, technical design, development, test, implementation and maintenance.
• 5+ years of experience using Seller / vendor portals, CMS and case management systems.
• 5+ years of experience working with cloud-based technologies (1-2 years AWS).
• 5+ years of experience driving process improvement initiatives.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple businesses; written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Works effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.