Enterprise Solutions Architect - Amazon Web Services (Seattle)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Solutions Architects (SAs) - experienced technologists with technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. AWS SAs are passionate about working with customers to help build applications at scale. This includes enabling innovation through continuous deployment in DevOps w/ technologies like Chef and Puppet, building web & mobile scale-out applications using Memcached or Redis, RDBMS (MySQL, AWS Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres) and/or NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra) data stores, building IoT use cases and implementing big data analytics w/ technologies like Hadoop, Spark, EMR, RedShift, and Kinesis.
AWS SAs have breadth across technology stacks with deep hands on skills. AWS SAs build architectures & provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security.
You must be self–motivated with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
The AWS SA team provides a ramping program that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing opportunities, and a peer-reviewed opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers, drive AWS adoption and revenue.
- Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive "hands-on" education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community.
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc.
- Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences.
- Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- 7+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
- 3+ years software/technology customer facing experience
- Experience with "on-premise to cloud" migrations or IT transformations
- Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: http://www.amazon.jobs
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top